Exercise bikes have been on the market for years, they are one of the easily accessible alternatives to the traditional gym and a hassle-free way of getting rid of those stubborn extra pounds. We’ve seen them advertised in all forms of media, but because there are so many brands and types of upright stationary bikes available, choosing one isn’t as easy as you would expect. Well today all the confusion and the overwhelm will be the thing of the past as I help you discover the Best Exercise Bike on the market.
Things to Consider When You Want to Buy the Best Exercise Bike
- Comfort – Being comfortable while exercising on a bike is of vital importance, it will help ensure that you do not hurt yourself and you also finish your exercise routine with minimum aches and pains. You need to ensure that the bike you are interested in suitable handles , they could be in front where the programming panel is (chest height),or next to the seat on both sides. Finally, you’ll want to make sure you have an adjustable seat. Depending on your height or the length of your legs, you want to make sure you can reach the pedals or not bump into the handles with your knees
- Weight – Stability is one of the most important aspects of exercise, since the last thing you want is to injure yourself when riding your bike.The more it weighs, the more stable it will be. Some bikes can weigh 100 to 200 pounds. Check the maximum supported weight to make sure that your weight isn’t above the maximum, otherwise you can put your safety in jeopardy
- Size – Make sure you measure the space you intend to place your exercise bike. You will want to make sure it fits. Nothing is worse than purchasing it, having it delivered, and then realizing you just don’t have the space for it. Also, add at least two to three feet on the dimension width to give yourself some leg and elbow room.
- Programming Display – The programming display should be easy to use. Nothing is more frustrating than purchasing an exercise bike and not knowing how to use it correctly. The latest top of the range bikes have touch screen LCD screen with games to make exercising fun and engaging.
- Programming – Many exercise bikes have built-in trainers where you can choose the type of workout you would like to do: high-intensity, low-intensity, fat-burning, etc. Adjustable and manual routines can be programmed as well. If you choose one that has built-in trainers, make sure it considers your age, weight, and gender to program training that fits you specifically.
- Resistance – The lower priced exercise bikes will most likely have manual resistance. This is usually easy to change while you are not using the bike. However, it can be inconvenient if you’re exercising and wanting to change in the middle of your program. Therefore, you may want to opt for electronic resistance.
- Heart Rate Monitor – Most exercise bikes have hand-held heart rate monitors (on handles). Be aware that many are fickle about how you place your hands and may not read correctly due to sweat, oils, etc. Certain brands are better than others. Therefore, you may want to check these out when you go shopping. Certain brands also have telemetry-enabled heart rate monitors. If you have a heart rate monitor that you use that is not attached to the bike like a Polar or Garmin heart band and watch system, the telemetry system will pick up from it.
- Warranty – Most new bikes come with a limited warranty. However, you may purchase extended warranties at the store or through the manufacturer. The manufacturer warranties are usually more economical. Some will even reimburse you if you contact them just prior to expiration if you have never made any claims
The Best Upright Exercise Bike – Expresso GO Upright Exercise Bike
The Expresso GO is the world’s most advanced exercise bike. With Studio Cycling, Interactive Road Racing and HIIT Gaming all in one beautiful machine, you are guaranteed the best workouts, no matter your style. Join a community of thousands of other Expresso riders from around the world. Connect to your workouts like never before with the fully- immersive 26.5 inch touchscreen. Control your own path with motion control handlebars. Forget about riding inside. Nothing is closer to the real thing.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||
The view is spectacular with the fully-immersive, 26.5 inch touchscreen which is the largest available, connecting you to your workout like never before.It has state of the art handlebars that turn left and right, driving your workout and making each ride unique. The breakthrough magnetic resistance drive simulates the terrain on screen with incredible accuracy.
It is beautifully built to last with the laser-cut steel frame, military-grade electronics, and battle tested drivetrain mean you’ll be riding maintenance free for years to come. It is fully customisable and works with any saddle,comes with a comfortable and durable Velo Plush featuring center channel ArcTech suspension. Comes with dual-functional pedals for use with regular and SPD compatible shoes. Works with most standard pedal sets.
The magnetic resistance drive in the Expresso Bike is the same technology used in millions of hybrid automobiles. This breakthrough allows Expresso to simulate the feeling of the road with incredible accuracy so that you can immerse yourself in your workouts like never before. Just like training outside, but without the traffic. It has Heart rate sensors that are conveniently placed in the upright posture position. This allows you to maintain a reading throughout your ride so you can train efficiently and effectively.
Each set of handlebars is precisely calibrated and controlled with a magnetic angle sensor. This groundbreaking component is capable of tracking your turns on the micro level. The result is an ultra responsive steering experience that brings your workouts to life. During manufacturing, each switch undergoes a special water-sealing process. The end result is a shifter that can withstand the most demanding environments in the world including your sweaty workouts.
Meet your training partners.
Work at your own pace
The top cyclists in the world all have teammates that lead them out. Now you can train like a pro. The Pacer is your lead out man. Control his speed during your rides by setting his power output. Set a pace that works for you. Follow him throughout your ride. And blow him away at the finish line to win the stage
An entirely new way to challenge yourself
Your Expresso Bike remembers each time you ride. This allows you to challenge your previous best effort, a recent ride, or even your friends from around the world. Ghosts are a powerful mental motivator that have been scientifically shown to produce superior results in top athletes. Now you can harness this elite training tool to grow stronger and stay motivated.
Kick your training up a notch with Studio SWEAT onDemand. Team up with thousands of riders from hundreds of countries to get fit and stay that way. Cat Kom and her elite group of expert trainers are here to motivate you every step of the way. Get inspired and stay inspired with new classes every week. The coaches from Studio SWEAT onDemand are here for you Monday through Saturday and twice on Sunday. HIIT, endurance, fat-killing, Calorie-crushing workouts ready to go, 24×7. Studio SWEAT onDemand fits into your schedule, no matter when motivation strikes.
Train with Top Instructors including Bethany, Brian, Mere, Mike, Rebecca and of course Cat Kom. With Studio SWEAT onDemand, the best coaches in the industry are here to help you reach your goals. Think working out is a drag? Think again. You won’t even realize, and may be surprised, you’re working out. With the most advanced fitness games designed for High Intensity Interval Training. Short sprints, rugged terrain, and friendly competition will keep you sweating and smiling. With new worlds to unlock, achievements to earn, and friends to beat, it’s no wonder you’ll be coming back for more.
Expresso GO Upright Exercise Bike$7,999.00
- Automatic tracking of your progress
- Adjustable paddles to suit all the riders
- Build for duration and comfort
- Over 40 virtual 'rides' that vary in speed, intensity, and view
- Option to change the season of each course
- Expensive for a beginner user
- Need the access to the internet to operate effectely
- The company is offering only 3 years warranty on the product, which is too less considering its price.